Thursday, February 5, 2009

Greed

People who attack capitalism often say that it is based on greed and is therefore a flawed system. Just the other day I heard someone accuse doctors of "only caring about money," and then go on to make a case for socialized medicine. These same people criticize big business, small business, and everything in between. The late Milton Friedman, one of the greatest minds of the 20th Century, made a remarkable point about what greed is and what it isn't as it relates to our freedom to interact with one another. I share it with you below. If you have never read his works you are missing out. I highly recommend starting with Free to Choose.

Free to Choose: A Personal Statement

I heard this clip on the Mark Levin Show (I recommend that you occasionally check out his website and listen to his show when you have the time.) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment