Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Disappointment

Last night both senators from my home state of AZ and my current state of residence, UT, voted to confirm Eric H. Holder, Jr., of the District of Columbia, to be Attorney General of the United States of America. I think very highly of both senators from UT, but it's time for Orrin Hatch to go. Senator Bennett will have served for nearly two decades by the end of this term. We should thank him for his service, but he needs to be replaced as well.

Now in AZ we have one John McCain who needs to retire and go do something productive with his final years. Thank you Senator for all the good you have done for your country, but it's time to pass the baton and let someone else run in your place. And preferable someone who stands on sound principles, is that asking too much? And Senator Kyl, come on! get with it! I didn't know that McCain's political schizophrenia was contagious.

I love both these states, and I still believe that their residents will do the right thing. But again, we will have to overcome the abundance of civic apathy that exists in both states (most of the country for that matter). I firmly believe that Utah and Arizona are capable of electing strong leaders to a Senate that has none. And I hope that they will lead the way in doing so over the next four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment