Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sheep!

Today I heard a college freshman make the comment, "I started listening to NPR recently, and I've discovered how important it is to know what's going on in the world. It is important for us to realize that we are part of a bigger world around us."

Now, I applaud this young man for stepping out of the bubble of life where you believe that: the world ends at the horizon, politics is boring, and "my vote doesn't count." But I've HAD IT! with people who have good morals and values who believe in sound principles that fill their heads with propaganda contrary to what they believe.

Too many good people do not think for themselves. Don't you remember your parents telling you that "you can't believe everything you see on TV." I don't want to take direct issue with NPR right now, but I have listened to it; and the way they report the "news" is biased in a direction that leans contrary to my principles.

So why is it that tens of thousands of people will listen and watch garbage and allow their minds to sponge up every word without having a single independent thought? Truth be told I don't like to see that even if people are sponging up my ideas. THINK FOR YOURSELF!!!

The beauty of Conservatism is that you cannot soundly arrive to its principles and ideas without much deep thinking and introspection. It is not a populist ideology for the masses of SHEEP out there. Start thinking, God gave you a brain, USE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment